Certificate of Appreciation Templates : Appreciation lifts our mood. It motivates to do better. It is also a good practice to appreciate others when they have done something nice for you. Sometimes, this is because of offering emotional or financial support during tougher times or making an event successful by genuine efforts. In a workplace, the boss or supervisor appreciates his employees or team members. He bestows appreciation when they surpass his expectations or meet the strict deadlines at work. Be it a certificate or a letter of appreciation, such a thing always boost our morale to do more hard work and make us feel valued by others. Since creating a certificate of appreciation or a letter may demand a professional help, we are presenting for you a collection of templates of the same. However, it is better to know first that why appreciation matters a lot.
Free Certificate of Appreciation Templates
Army Certificate Of Appreciation Memo
The certificate with an image of a military tank on a sober colored background and text in black is an ideal one for appreciating the outstanding efforts of a sergeant. The certificate also features a sleek border in brown color.
Board Of Directors Certificate Of Appreciation Template
The certificate with a pleasing sky blue border with pointed tips towards outside is a refreshing one with its black text on a pristine white background. The bright red header stood out and this seems best for students or professionals who have successfully completed an examination.
BSA Certificate Of Appreciation Template
The certificate comes with a border in light yellow on which a pattern in green looks lovely. The beauty of the certificate is further accentuated by its background design in pink and some of portion of the text in parrot green.
Certificate Of Appreciation Blank Template
Somebody who had put sincere efforts to organize a successful event certainly deserves appreciation and the above one with a no frill design with text in green and navy blue is just apt for the same.
Certificate Of Appreciation Citation
The certificate has a background of American flag and is devoid of any border. However, the choice of bold fonts and ample space to include desired text gives enough scope to this certificate to shine out among the rest.
Certificate Of Appreciation For Employees
An appreciation for working hard as an employee is a big motivation for every employee to work even more hard and the above certificate with a vertical column to its left in blue and a bold header in black creates a good contrasting effect.
Certificate Of Appreciation For Long Service Template
The certificate is in light green with beautiful graphical design at the top and bottom in multiple colors. Its blue header and rest black text enhanced the readability factor.
Why appreciation matters
Well, there are many reasons because of which appreciation matters to all. It simply makes us happy! It helps to nurture relationships our existing relationships, to build new ones and to have a bigger social circle. It is not that only the person receiving the appreciation gets everything, even the person showering appreciation experience happiness. He then feels relieved of negative emotions like envy, anger, hatred, etc. It makes them feel more trusted by others, as people who envy or who backstab cannot appreciate others genuinely. Such people have a firm belief that if they appreciate others, they will become less important or even inferior. However, this is not the scenario. Your gesture of appreciating others will make you more respectable.
Certificate Of Appreciation For Mother Template
Awarding mother with a certificate of appreciation is a nice gesture. Here, the certificate is an endearing one with a pink background and beautiful illustrations in a contrasting color.
Certificate Of Appreciation For Teachers
The certificate is a sophisticated one with a beautiful header and a great color combination of red and light yellow. The certificate also has some illustrations at the four corners.
Certificate Of Appreciation Graduation Template
The gradual change of colors in the wide border and illustrations of graduation caps of different colors and a girl wearing a graduation coat and a cap makes the certificate an ideal one for those who have managed to complete their graduation.
Certificate Of Appreciation Marine Corps Template
The certificate has a delicate border in dark red with a pattern in pink around a white surface. The kind of art work at the top in shades of yellow and the red badge at the bottom are endearing. Moreover, the certificate features beautiful message.
Certificate Of Appreciation Template Airforce
The certificate has a wide horizontal line at the bottom and with an image of an plane at the top, the light colored certificate just looks perfect with combinations of yellow, brown, and blue.
Certificate Of Appreciation Template Army
If you have a love for light colors, the above certificate in baby pink looks good with a clear illustration of battle tank at the bottom and a beautiful header in contrasting brown. The rest of the certificate features font in a beautiful font type.
Certificate Of Appreciation Template Baseball
The certificate has clear illustration of cricket players on a gray background that make it apparent that the certificate of appreciation is for player in recognition of his performance in a match. The use of blood red in the header and some interesting graphics at the bottom make it all the more charming.
You can appreciate someone for his outstanding performance by a handwritten note or by saying thank you. Many prefer to give a letter or certificate of appreciation instead as this create more impact. A person receiving such a letter or certificate cherishes it for years and proudly shows the same to his or her loved ones. If you are also thinking to appreciate someone’s genuine effort at your workplace or some other place, you need to give him or her certificate or letter of appreciation. If you are skeptical about what to write and what to not in such a letter or certificate; there is no need to feel confused. You can take help from the web, as many templates are there to download or to have an idea about this whole thing. Relax and make use of these templates to create your own in a few minutes. You must have knowledge of Microsoft word to create a certificate or letter of appreciation.
Certificate Of Appreciation Template Basketball
The certificate in blue and white combination comes as a fresh air. It has some wonderful illustration of a basketball player in its left side and ample space to write your requisite text.
Certificate Of Appreciation Template Black And White
The certificate has a wide border that looks elaborate and delicate at the same time. With minimal text and a monochrome design, it fits the bill to appreciate almost anybody for his or her achievements or efforts.
Certificate Of Appreciation Template Boy Scouts
The certificate has a bright yellow border and a background that resemble sun rays making it quite suitable for an appreciation certificate. The use of header and sub header in various hues of green and black for rest of the text enhance its overall appeal.
Certificate Of Appreciation Template Business
The certificate has an elaborate border in dark chocolate and a header in beautiful font type in light brown on a white background. An illustration of a professional at its left-bottom indicates the appreciation certificate is meant for company professionals.
Certificate Of Appreciation Template Charity
The certificate is a beautiful one with an attractive border in multiple colors around a white background on which the large header in red makes its even more appealing. Also, it has some lovely text.
Certificate Of Appreciation Template Christmas
The certificate of appreciations is suiting its purpose and looks great with multiple stars in various colors on both sides of the text and an illustration of Santa on a sledge.
Certificate Of Appreciation Template Cub Scouts
The certificate comes with a modern design and has various hues of blue and green around a white background.The text looks great in an awesome combination of black and light green.
Certificate Of Appreciation Template for Donation
If someone donates, it is always a nice gesture and the above certificate reflects the same with its beautiful message in contrasting black on a sky blue background. It also has some cute illustrations of school going kids at one corner.
How to write a letter of appreciation
Although it can be a quite challenging task to write an impactful letter of appreciation, you need the right kind of guidance to succeed in the same. The golden rule is to stick to the professional boundaries and to maintain a delicate balance while writing. You can open the ‘new’ tab in Microsoft word and select ‘letters’ from the left pane to get multiple templates of letters that you can customize to write a letter of appreciation. However, the following are some of the steps that can help you genuinely in your attempts to create the best appreciation letter.
- Firstly, do not waste too much time in thinking what to write and what you should avoid in an appreciation letter. Wasting such time will be of no use. It instead kills the impact of the letter. You should give the letter to the employee or the one to whom to want to shower your appreciation almost immediately after an event or not more than three days after an event in front of the staff or other employees so that others can also get motivated to receive the same kind of appreciation from you.
- If you are giving an appreciation letter after more than three days after an event or an act of kindles, it is best to say while giving the letter that ‘better late than never to say thank you.’ to your employee. It will make your stand clear and make him feel valued.
- You should use a letter format or template for the same. Stick to professionalism and use a quality paper to print the same. You can also give a handwritten letter of appreciation if the person going to receive the same from you is one of your casual friends.
Certificate Of Appreciation Template For Church
The certificate has the Holy Cross at both sides of its text on a light colored background. The certificate devoid of any border looks simple and elegant.
Certificate Of Appreciation Template For Blood Donation
The certificate in baby pink features an image of a blood drop at one of its corner. The blood red header and the image rightly convey that it is meant for showering appreciation to volunteer blood donors.
Certificate Of Appreciation Template For Guest Speaker
The certificate comes with a border consisting of different colors like orange, green, blue, and red. The header is also in two contrasting colors that seems in perfect synchronization with the text in sky blue on a pristine white background.
Certificate Of Appreciation Template For Seminar Speaker
This is for a seminar speaker and with an illustration of a professional at one side of the text, it seems just right for the occasion. It also features a nice border with circles in alternate yellow and red.
Certificate Of Appreciation Template For Students
The certificate designed in baby pink has a cute illustration of a school girl carrying a yellow sling bag and holding a graduation cap. There is also nice graphics at the opposite side of the school girl.
Green Certificate Of Appreciation Template
A combination of green and white never fails to attract eyeballs and the above one is not an exception. The certificate also features a large header in dark green that creates a good contrasting effect.
Certificate Of Appreciation Template Music
The certificate with a unique border made up of swaying musical notes in myriads of colors like purple, green, pink, red, and blue sets the theme perfectly for appreciating someone who is the best musician.
- Write date to the top-left. It is also essential to write the full name of the recipient of the letter and your name or your company name in the letter. It is best to give ample white space between each line to have a sense of clarity.
- Do not forget to write the title of the recipient if he or she is one of your business associates. It is paramount to add in an appreciation letter or certificate. Otherwise, you can write simply as ‘Dear Jones’ or ‘Mr. Jones’. In case, you are not sure about the marital status of the person to whom you are going to gift the letter, it is best to write Mr. or Mrs. /Miss.
- Never forget to include the reason for your letter. It should clearly state the same in fewer words. For example, it can be because you want to say thank you to a person for his kind donation to your organization or for his hard work, which has played a crucial role in the superlative performance of your organization in the current year or month.
- It is also important to proofread the letter twice or thrice. Any mistakes on your part can kill the impact of your letter in one stroke.
Certificate Of Appreciation Template Navy
The certificate comes with a modern design as the border in green looks quite different while the choice of fonts for the text make it feel more sophisticated. It also features a clear illustration of a naval ship in navy blue on a white background.
Certificate Of Appreciation Template Free Download
The border that stood as the most prominent feature of the above certificate of appreciation has multiple solid colors. The red header and the remaining text in black also adds an element of beauty to the same.
Certificate Of Appreciation Template Sponsorship
The gray background, the blue border with an intricate design, and the bright header in dual colors i.e. blue and red defines this certificate of appreciation. As the text suggests, it is ideal for appreciating sponsors of an event.
Certificate Of Appreciation Template Sports
The above certificate is a simple one and is apt if you are looking for a certificate with minimal design elements. It only features a sleek blue border, interesting wave like graphics at the bottom, and a golden cup within a red circle at the top-right corner on a white background.
Certificate Of Appreciation Template Toastmasters
The certificate is another classic example of a design layout that has minimalism i.e. just a sleek border in bright orange around a white background on which there is text in contrasting blue and black.
Certificate Of Appreciation Template With Photo
The above certificate of appreciation is quite eye-pleasing with an abstract border in brown and pink with heart shapes at regular intervals in various bright colors like blue, red, and yellow. Meanwhile the text in black is on a light yellow background on which there is also a corner to insert photo of the recipient in a beautiful frame.
Certificate Of Appreciation Templates In Openoffice
The certificate is a beautiful one with a no-frill design with a ornamental brown border around a white background that also feature an illustration of an open book at the center-bottom.
Certificate Of Appreciation Templates Word
The certificate is in an awesome combination of range and white that looks soothing to the eyes. The certificate of appreciation is ideal for a project manager.
Certificate Of Recognition Template Years Of Service
This certificate of appreciation is also meant for project managers who have delivered outstanding performance and this get reflects in the image of a professional on a blue surface.
Christian Certificate Of Appreciation Template
The certificate comes with a religious touch as it has an image of the Holy Cross on a nice background to its left side and also some attractive illustrations at the bottom.
Eagle Scout Certificate Of Appreciation Template
The certificate has an illustration that seems aggressive and a nice blue border around a white background on which the red header box with black header stand out the most.
Generic Certificate Of Appreciation Template
With multiple triangles in black lying adjacent to each other as a border, the certificate with its large header in red seems promising for showering appreciation on an administrative professional.
Girl Scout Certificate Of Appreciation Template
The certificate has an endearing border consisting of illustrations of flowers, leaves, and others. The text is however minimal in small font size, but has a large header in contrasting green.
Knights Of Columbus Certificate Of Appreciation Template
The ornamental border in green and pink looks great and has a heading in magenta on a white background. The beautiful illustration at the center-bottom in golden and green combinations enhances its beauty even further more.
Lions Certificate Of Appreciation Template
The certificate with a beautiful green border that looks like grass around a white background makes it clear that the certificate is meant for appreciating the efforts of someone for their dedication towards saving the environment.
Relay For Life Certificate Of Appreciation Template
The certificate is a classical example of minimal design with a clever use of two contrasting colors for creating the border and all of its text aligned at the center on a light background.
Religious Certificate Of Appreciation Template
The certificate looks elegant with two beautiful and identical images at the two corners in the bottom in green and red on a pink colored background. The black contrasting header as well as the remaining text stood out clearly.
Retirement Certificate Of Appreciation Template
The certificate has a rare simplicity in terms of its design and is devoid of any ornamental border or images. The certificate is editable and you can also add an image or border if felt necessary by using simple computer skills.
Template Of Certificate Of Appreciation Volunteer
The certificate is simple with a no frill design and features a nice border that has a pattern of beehives. The use of orange text to highlight the organization name seems to look great in combination with the navy blue header on a white background.
USAF Certificate Of Appreciation Template
The intricate pattern in white on a gray wide border seems the highlight of the above certificate of appreciation that seems clearly for the air force personnel. It features its text in black, gray, and red on a light blue background.
Veterans Certificate Of Appreciation Template
The certificate features the flag of United States as a watermark and has a navy blue header that makes a great combination with the clear illustration given at the center-bottom.
How to create a certificate of appreciation
Certificate of appreciation is quite different from that of a letter to serve the same purpose. It is a professional document used in a formal way to express gratitude towards employees, students and others. The following are some of the steps that can help you genuinely in your attempts to create the best appreciation letter.
- Open Microsoft Word and click on ‘New’ tab from the top-left corner of your screen
- Click on ‘certificates’ on the left pane of the new window that will appear on your screen. As soon as you will click on ‘certificates’, multiple templates will appear to the right of the left pane
- Choose any one of the templates that suit your need, download the same, and customize it using basic computer skills to have your exact certificate of appreciation.
- Take a color print out and your certificate is ready to give to the intended person.
- If you are not keen to use the readymade templates but want to create from scratch, open a new file in Microsoft Word.
- Next, click on the ‘page layout’ tab and click on ‘size ‘tab and choose ‘letter’. You will view many other available options in the drop –down menu after clicking on the ‘size’ tab like a tabloid, A4, Legal, A3, and much more.
- Now click on the ‘orientation’ tab located beside the ‘size’ tab and choose landscape orientation out of the two options-landscape and portrait.
- Next, click on ‘Margins’ tab beside the ‘orientation’ one and choose ‘custom settings’ to set the page with margins of 2.54 cm on all the four sides and save the file with a suitable name.
- Start typing your text and add suitable graphics to your certificate. It is best to write the desired text in a separate word file and proofread the same to spot any error.
- Graphics can be your company logo or the logo of your school if you are going to award the certificate to your employee or student
- Adjust the placement of the graphics and text within the document and save the file.
- Remember, there are fewer words in a certificate in comparison to a letter for appreciation.
- The text on a certificate can vary from one certificate to another as per the event or objective. However, most of the certificate has the following text:
- The name of your company or organization or group which is going to award the certificate
- The title of the certificate i.e. Certificate of appreciation. It can be also a certificate of achievement, certificate of excellence or certificate of recognition
- Text for the presentation of the certificate like ‘is hereby presented to’ or ‘awarded to’ as per your desire
- Name of the recipient of the certificate with appropriate title i.e. MR. Mrs or Miss. Remember, the recipient can be the name of any other organization too.
- The reason for which the certificate is awarded in minimal words like ‘for outstanding contribution’, ‘for academic brilliance’, ‘in recognition of support’, ‘ for your participation’ and much more
- The date on which, you will award the certificate to the recipient like, 26. 03.2016 or March 26, 2016
- Two signatures to the bottom of the document
- Of the two signatures, one must be yours and other of your senior. For example, the signature of president and board member
- Add a nice boundary and your certificate of appreciation is ready to get printed
We have a large collection of beautiful certificates of appreciation that you can use to serve your purpose. Make your employees happy by downloading our templates and customizing them to suit your needs. The icing on the cake is that many of our templates are colorful with eye-catching border and stunning font types that give them an extremely professional look. There are several types of paper available for certificates. You should choose your paper type carefully. Some of the options available for printing certificates of appreciation are the following ones:
- Parchment paper
- Border art paper
- Embossed paper
- Marbled paper
- Granite textured paper
Of all these parchment paper is the most popular one for printing certificates as it adds an element of grace to the same. In some of the parchment paper, you could also spot a nice metallic border.
Certificates are not only a piece of paper having some text. They are cherished for years and sometimes for a lifetime! It shows the appreciation that a person has received because of his or her hard work, academic brilliance or something outstanding. So, choose a high-quality paper to print your certificate.
We sincerely hope that you will love and appreciate our collection of certificates of appreciation. You can download any of the above with just a single click and can use to serve your purpose. Please share your thoughts about our collection in the comment box below as this will certainly help us to improve all the more.