With the passage of time and constant usage, any type of equipment needs repair or proper maintenance service to increase its performance service. Regular maintenance services can help your on-going facilities and conveniences to run at optimal levels and improve their systems. So, here comes the role of HVAC Preventive Maintenance. Let’s discuss about what is and how HVAC preventive maintenance helps to eliminate problems like discomfort, costly repairs, excessive energy and downtime.
See our professionally crafted HVAC invoice templates here
What is HVAC Preventive Maintenance?
HVAC Preventive Maintenance is the routine and regular maintenance of your HVAC equipment in order to keep the machine’s service up and running at its best without any sudden or unplanned breakdowns. It is the maintenance generally scheduled based on the time or usage. Let’s know about the examples of time and usage based HVAC Preventive maintenance to understand better.
- The best example for the time based HVAC Preventive maintenance schedule is Air-Conditioner. Yes, since it is used during summer and serviced before summer.
- The best example for the usage based HVAC Preventive maintenance schedule is Motor-Vehicle. As the motor vehicles need servicing for every 10,000km of its service.
HVAC Preventive Maintenance is a planned schedule, it is considered as the basic strategy to maintain the overall health of the HVAC equipment. Lack of regular HVAC preventive maintenance may lead to premature equipment failure. HVAC preventive maintenance is very complex and difficult for companies with lot of HVAC equipment. Hence, many big companies depend on HVAC preventive maintenance software in order to keep the preventive maintenance needs organized.
What does preventive maintenance aims to?
The main target of HVAC preventive maintenance to improve the equipment service and lifespan includes:
- Systematic Inspection
- Prevention of developing failures
As an additional incentive, a planned schedule of preventive maintenance can become ideal and successful only if it would prevent all possible problems and failures of on-going equipment before they arise.
To discuss in detail, Regular and planned schedules of preventive maintenance can result in lowered equipment failure rates. Hence, it is not an easy task to accomplish ideal HVAC preventive maintenance program without proper instructions and guidelines. A part from this, the frequency of maintenance activities generally depends on the type of equipment being used. This is the reason why preventive maintenance needs required varies greatly.
Advantages of HVAC Preventive Maintenance
Preventive maintenance plays key role in maintaining long-term health of all your HVAC equipment. An ideal HVAC preventive maintenance programs for commercial and industrial HVAC equipment are specially designed to provide following benefits. The benefits of HVAC preventive maintenance include:
- Decreased costly repairs
- Less unnecessary maintenance and inspections
- Improved reliability of equipment
- Reduced risk of injury
- Less unplanned downtime caused by equipment failure
- Prolonged life of company equipment
- Lessen the likelihood of frequent failures
- Fewer errors in day-to-day operations
- Keeps HVAC equipment in top operating condition
- Prolongs the equipment life
- Lowers the annual cost of equipment
- Maintains the overall heating and cooling systems
- Reduce runtime, thereby extending the useful life of your equipment
- Increase system uptime and efficiency
- Improve indoor air quality (IAQ)
- Reduce your energy costs (Gas and Electric)
- Improve employee comfort and productivity
- Lower your repair expenses
- Focus efforts on the most critical items
- Implement additional maintenance tasks when and where needed
- Improved safety and quality conditions for everyone
- Efficiency Reduces Utility Bills
- Fewer emergency repairs and extends HVAC lifespan
- Peace of mind
Many people are not aware of warranty benefits of their HVAC equipment thinking that they can be benefited only through motor-vehicles. Not only your cars and trucks need preventive maintenance, your HVAC equipment’s also can benefit from regular schedules of preventive maintenance. During regular preventive maintenance, the service provider will keep all the HVAC equipment services records up to date and accurate for better equipment efficiency and warranty protection. Apart from extending the HVAC equipment’s lifespan, planned maintenance schedules and accurate records of previous HVAC repairs help reducing the monthly bills and saves money by performing the required repairs before the warranty validity expires.
What to expect while performing preventive maintenance services?
Now we got the complete information about the HVAC preventive maintenance. But can you expect what type of services can be done through planned HVAC preventive maintenance schedules!? Don’t panic!! We are here to help you understand clearly about types of preventive maintenance services provided. Have a look!!
- Tighten electrical connections
- Clean condenser coils
- Adjust and clean unit’s blower
- Check fuel line connections
- Gas pressure and rely inspection
- Check system controls of functionality
- Inspect relays, panels and wiring
- Check the thermostat
- Lubricating moving parts
- Clean the evaporator
- Check ignition sources and Gas pressures
- Clean the burners and check them for corrosion
- Check refrigerant levels
- Check overall long-term service of heating and cooling systems
- Extension of equipment life
- Any replacement of equipment’s parts
- Reactive repairs and catastrophic failures
- Evaluating airflow
- Inspecting and cleaning drainage systems
- Evaluating combustion systems for carbon monoxide levels
All the above mentioned services can help the regular and routine preventive maintenance to perform thorough inspection of our HVAC equipment. Hence, do not just rely on your systems say it needs some push to boost or retain its energy to improve its performance. Instead, just book a professional HVAC preventive maintenance service provider who performs the above mentioned services to ensure your system’s is working at optimal levels. Also last but not least, it is always advisable to schedule a HVAC preventive maintenance service and inspection before every heating and cooling season begins.