Silent Auction Bid Sheets – Templates / Samples
Here is a collection of bid sheet templates for your silent auction. Each template is crafted with small businesses in mind. You can download and brand them with your own logo, address, contact numbers, etc.
2 Part Silent Auction Bid Sheet
The sheet is a simple and elegant one with a navy blue header and two boxes adjacent to each other for bid entries on a white sheet while the text is in contrasting black.
Blank Silent Auction Bid Sheet
The sheet has a clear design with clear tables with a narrow space in between. While there is ample room to include the text details, it does not look at all cluttered.
Blank Silent Auction Bid Sheet 2
The sheet comes with a sleek black border around a white background. It also has a table with alternate cells in grey and white and a large header in capital letters.
Blank Silent Auction Bid Sheet 3
The bid sheet looks like a sophisticated one with a design that combines bright orange with white. The striking feature of the sheet is however the large table with cell borders and the top most row in orange.
Buy Silent Auction Bid Sheet
If you prefer to go for a bid sheet that digs deep in details, this one with a no frill design will surely fit your purpose. Everything, except a few part of the text is in small fonts on a white background.
Christmas Silent Auction Bid Sheet
When the silent auction is organized for Christmas items, the above one looks picture perfect with a colorful image of Christmas trees and Santa at the left-hand side of the auction name.
Christmas Silent Auction Bid Sheet 2
The sheet features an image of a pair of reindeer at the top-left in enchanting orange and has a double border in black. It also has a large table with serial numbers in one column.
Free Blank Silent Auction Bid Sheet
The sheet has a beautiful combination of blue and white with minimal text. It has a table with three columns and 17 rows.
Free Sample Of Silent Auction Bid Sheet
The sheet has a wonderful design scheme in green and white. The design has utmost clarity and has sleek lines that enhances its overall look.
Microsoft Template – Silent Auction Bid Sheet
With a dedicated place to include logo, the sheet also has a table devoid of table border or cell borders and with light blue color for alternate number of rows.
Elements of a silent auction bid sheet
The elements of a nicely created silent auction bid sheet are the following ones:
- Organization name – If you are raising funds for your organization for a noble cause by organizing the silent auction, it is best to include your organization name on every silent auction bid sheet. In fact, the organization name should be on all materials displayed during the actual event as this reminds the guests that they are buying the items to support that noble cause.
- Item number – As told before, every item should have a unique item number. This number should be printed both on the silent auction bid sheets and on the catalog so that it will become easier for you to keep a record of the winning bids and guests will feel convenience in looking more information about any item displayed for an auction.
- Item title – There should be a short title for each of the auction item. The title should be clear and should convey some basic information about the item. For example, if an auction item is a picnic basket then instead of printing or writing some flowery title, use ‘Picnic in the park’ so that even if a bidder skip reading the item description in a hurry, he must have a specific idea about the item.
- Item description – The item details should be there on each silent auction bid sheet as the bidder has every right to know in detail about the item for which he or she will bid. For example, if the auction item is two tickets to a cricket match, the description should cover the date, venue, time, and other necessary details.
- Starting Bid – The minimum price at which the bidding will begin should be there on each sheet. It is recommended to set the starting bid between 25 -40 percent of the actual value of the item. If set the starting bid very high, the bidders will get discouraged and to set it too low will also not serve your purpose at all.
- Minimum Raise in Bid – The minimum raise in bid means the minimum amount which there would be a raise in each bid during the auction. For example, if an item is 70 dollars, the minimum raise in the bid is recommended to be 2 dollars. Similarly, for items with a value between hundred to thousand dollars, the minimum raise in bid should be more.
PTO Silent Auction Bid Sheet
The most prominent feature of the above bid sheet is the table that has its cells in different hues of green on a pristine white surface and text in black that creates a good contrast.
Purchase Silent Auction Bid Sheet
The sheet is a simple one with some space for text right below the header and a table with three columns and 16 rows.
Relay For Life Silent Auction Bid Sheet
The bid sheet has the place to include all the requisite information on horizontal lines with text in capital letters in contrasting black on a white background.
Sample Silent Auction Bid Sheet
The sample bid sheet has a large header box in gray in which the header in black stand prominent. It also has multiple tables and excellent use of white space to impart a sense of clarity.
Sample Silent Auction Bid Sheet 2
The bid sheet is heavier in terms of text and has a large table too but is ideal if you are looking to have a bid sheet where you can have all details.
School Silent Auction Bid Sheet
The design of the above sheet is an attractive one with nice use of parrot green in contrast with gray and white. There is also clever use of horizontal lines to make it appear clutter-free.
School Silent Auction Bid Sheet 2
The sheet is meant for school silent auction bid and has two separate tables with varied numbers of columns and rows. The table however features a good combo of dark and light blue.
Silent Auction Bid Sheet Buy It Now
The sheet has has a green sleek border and a table in green that has its text in contrasting white. There is also a relatively smaller table that has a green boundary and text in black.
Things to remember while creating silent auction bid sheets
There are certain things that you must know and remember while creating a silent auction bid sheet and these are the following ones:
- Create the sheets always in Microsoft Excel or Microsoft Word
- Use a large font size of the text and keep the background light in color
- Brand the bid sheets with your organization logo at the top-left
- Can add a guaranteed purchase price at the bottom which should be 150 percent of the item value
As currently, smartphones are used by everyone, one can also opt for mobile bidding and altogether skip the need of these silent auction bid sheets as then, your guests can bid even without having a physical presence in the auction.
Silent Auction Bid Sheet Carbon Copy
The bid sheet has a light yellow background on which text is in capital letters in contrasting black with a lot of empty space left below the same.
Silent Auction Bid Sheet Example
The sheet has a design layout that seems eye-pleasing with ample white space and a large table for including as many as 10 bids without any problem.
Silent Auction Bid Sheet Example 2
The bid sheet seems to have ample number of rows and columns to include necessary text and bid amounts in a clear as well as concise manner. However, the striking feature is the use of light blue in alternate rows and dark blue for the header.
Silent Auction Bid Sheet Increments
The sheet is an attractive one with the use of bright orange in the top row of the table and light orange in alternate rows of the same. The rest of the sheet design is quite conventional with black text on white background.
Silent Auction Bid Sheet Template
The sheet has a narrow black border and and clean text boxes with borders. It also feature a table with three columns and multiple rows in a combination of blue and white.
Legal clauses to remember during silent auction
The legal clauses to be included in a bidder registration document in the case of a silent auction are as follows:
- First, replace your organization name with the legal name of your group
- Next, make clear that every bidder by bidding in the silent auction is agreeing to abide by your auction rules
- Make this crystal clear that there will be no refund or exchanges unless it is notified
- All sales are final and you do not warrant or represent or can be held responsible for the genuineness of the auction items
- The value of each of the auction item is a fair estimation of its market value
- The amount payable by the bid winners will be liable for tax deduction
- If restaurant certificates are on the auction items, they are not for alcohol and are devoid of any taxes unless specified
- Full payment of the purchased items is mandatory on auction date itself from 30 minutes post the silent auction closure to night hours.
- Payment is acceptable via MasterCard, Visa, cash, or a cheque in favor of your organization
- After full payment, winning bidders can pick up the auction items that they have purchased from the checkout area
- It is mandatory to show the paid receipts to pick ut purchased items
- If any item is left unclaimed, it will be sold and the earnings will go to the organization
- Your Organization reserves the right to add or withdraw items, without notice, to or from the auction
- All the auctioned gift certificates should be used within one year of the auction date unless it is specified otherwise
Silent Auction Bid Sheet With Address Phone Number
The bid sheet has a dotted blue border and a large table with a color scheme of blue and white. The text below the header is however in black and capital letters.
Silent Auction Bid Sheet With Buy It Now
Silent Auction Bid Summary Sheet
The sheet is elegant and has a dedicated place for inserting logo at the top-right corner. It has a large table too in which one can include bidder names, mailing addresses, and much more in a hassle-free manner.
Silent Auction Donation Bid Sheet
The bold header of the bid sheet makes it an adorable one with its color combination of various hues of green for the table on which text is in black.
Silent Auction Location Display Map
The bid sheet has a narrow double border in black and a large header and a relatively smaller sub-header below which some of the text sections are in bright red on a white background.
Silent Auction Location Display Map 2
The sheet is also in some respect identical to the one described above with the only difference of the use of bright red in its border and a dash of yellow and blue.
Silent Auction Private Movie Showing Bid Sheet
Although, the bid sheet does not has a border, it looks beautiful with its large table having two columns. The text is however in contrasting b;lack on the white surface and in white on the blue surface.
Silent Auction Private Movie Showing Bid Sheet 2
Steps to organize a silent auction
- Recruit a team of volunteers so that arranging the printed silent auction bid sheets on the table and money collection from bid winners during the event will become easy
- Give them hats, caps or jackets of the same color so that everyone can easily identify them as volunteers
- Create a list of the items that will be for silent action and put a unique number to each of the items
- Get multiple prints of silent auction bidding sheets and fill the item numbers along with the starting bid, and the maximum bid
- Lay all the items on a table along with silent auction bid sheets for each of the items and this should be one day before the actual event
- During the event, ask the volunteers to monitor the table and the silent auction bid sheets
- Ask them to give answers to the questions raised by the bidders regarding silent auction bidding rules
- At least 10 minutes before the actual closure, make a loud announcement about the closing of the auction
- Ask the volunteers to collect the bidding sheets and verify the bids yourself to know who are the winners
- Declare the bid winner and ask a volunteer to hand over them the items that they have won in the auction and collect the payment
Now that you are familiar with the process of organizing a silent auction, it is best to know how can you get the highest bids for your auction items. The key is to get the right people during the event by generating enough excitement about the auction items before the auction day. The auction items should be displayed on a table in a manner so that they can grab the attention of your guests easily. Next, comes the task of encouraging bidding by having a set starting and closing time as well as an arrangement of adequate numbers of chairs. An arrangement of a water dispenser or a coffee vending machine is heavily recommended for guests. Also, make sure the room is well lit and the sheets are readable. Finally, just do effective marketing and review the starting bid as well as the minimum raise in the bid. This will indeed work! Please share your ideas about our collection in the comment box below.