Cooking is an art and for some, it’s a passion to serve cooking to others. So many people to pursue this passion they undergo severe training in the cooking field to acquire the desired skills. They go through tremendous amount of teachings to become a good cook and serve the customers. But how can a person be judged as a professional cook or experienced cook who have skill.
In the line of cooking a person can learn cooking skills by either working in restaurants or few who are self-taught. But the one thing which describes their skills when it comes to the cooking is the cooking certificate. A cooking certificate is an official document which is given to the cooks by the organization where a cook worked before.
Normally upcoming cooks who acquire cooking skills from the professional chefs want to secure a higher level position in certain restaurant or any other cooking place so they need to provide the authenticity of their skills to the applying for the position indicating that so and so person has worked in some restaurant and good at successfully completing responsibilities given. All these details are mentioned in the cooking certificates where the professional cook hands over to the trained who worked for his organization.
A cooking certificate is like a graduation certificate where a trained cook receives it on completion of this course in cooking classes.
Best cook certificate template
The best cook certificate is a document presented to the cook who had exceptionally good at the cooking. Generally, such type of certificates is awarded when a certain cooking competition is conducted where a group of people participates in the competition and from that group an individual is selected who excel in cooking skills than the other.
So the best cook certificate is handed over to the cook with best cooking skill far greater than the others. Even in some cooking shows competition they award the candidate who is best at cooking.
Chili cook-off certificate
The chili cook-off is a competition which is quite similar to the barbecue where a certain group of people comes up with their own made recipes and the one with the best recipes is awarded the chili cook of a certificate. The goal of chili cook-off could be just sharing of recipes or sometimes prize money is awarded for the best recipe.
Many people from different parts of the world gather together and share their own recipes and the one who is best of all receive the chili cook-off certificate.
Cook certificate format
The format of the cook certificate is similar to any ordinary certificate with minor changes. In cook certificate first comes the employee who is being certified as a cook worked in an organization from starting date to the end date. And then comes to the responsibilities performed by the candidate over the period of the working. For example
- Prepare and hands food according to the program guidelines
- Maintain the specific kitchen area clean and hygienic
- Assist daily inventory of assigned station
- Make proper use of leftover food items.
- They are some of the responsibilities mentioned in the certificate
The rating of how the candidate performed the duties in the working tenure is also mentioned in the certificate. Then, at last, the organization head signs the certificate along with the stamp of the organization .In here the professional cook mentions that the candidate is eligible for a certain post and can handle the duties exceptionally. This creates an impression that the candidate is an authentic cook and can apply for a higher position in the cooking field.
Cook certificate of competency
The cook certificate of competency measures the cook’s ability to cook and handle the kitchen. There are some guidelines which on excelling the cook certificate of competency is awarded to the candidate. Some of them are
- Selects given cooking vessel
- Discriminates hot/cold
- Discriminates sizes, shapes, and colors
- Safety skills
- Plans meals and snacks
- Prepares cooked foods
- Prepares simple cooked items
- Hand Actions
- Open /close containers
- These are some of the qualities tested in a candidate to award a certificate of competency.
Cook county certificate of good conduct
The cook county certificate of good conduct is handed to the cooks who are resigning the job in an organization in search of another at a different place. Then the worker organization issues the good conduct certificate to the candidate defining that the person is good at performing the jobs and eligible for the position he is applying for.
And even in some cases when the cooks retire then they receive good conduct certificate as a token of their services in the cooking organization.
Cook experience certificate format
In the cooking experience certificate the format is similar to the cooking certificate but in the experienced one, there is an extra field where the number of experiences of the cooking a candidate possesses is mentioned along with the organization name where the candidate worked before.
- Cook experience certificate sample
- The certificate of cooking experience certificate sample is presented with following details
- Name of the candidate
- Number of years’ experience in the cooking field
- The organization names where the candidate worked before
- The previously worked organization head signature along with a stamp of the organization.
- These are the details presented in the cooking experience certificate.
Sample certificate of employment for a cook
The candidate receives a certificate at the end of the cooking course in an organization’s certificate specifies that the candidate has completed the course exceptionally with good remarks and eligible for the employment in the cooking field. This proves that the candidate is eligible to apply for the employment in the cooking field.
Ship’s cook assessment criteria for certification
The cooks on the ships are undergone several cooking stages before appointing them and there are some criteria to be met. For instance, undergo the Ship’s Cook Assessment with Yacht work or another MCA-approved training organization.
- Candidate must be 18 years old, or more.
- Should have completed a minimum of one-month seagoing service.
- Must have completed the Personal Survival Techniques, Fire Prevention and Firefighting, Elementary First Aid, Personal Safety as well as the Social Responsibility and Security Awareness STCW courses.
- And hold a current Seafarer Medical Fitness Certificate (ENG 1) or equivalent.
- These are some of the criteria to be must for the certificate of assessment from the ship’s cook. And there is no alternate way to skip the assessment and get the certificate.
These are all the guidelines and skills required for a candidate who sought to enter into the cooking field. Many aspiring people give their best to succeed in this field and very few acquire it.
Some say that cooking in the kitchen is like fighting in a battlefield one small mistake can make a huge difference.